University of Oxford, Department of Statistics.
** We are currently recruiting ERC/NIH-funded postdoctoral research associates **
Please get in touch if interested!
We are a research group based at Oxford University’s Department of Statistics and at the Wellcome Centre for Human Genetics, working at the intersection of computer science, statistics, and genetics.
We develop statistical and machine learning algorithms to enable new types of analyses in large human genomic data sets.
Specific areas of research in human genomics include:
- Modelling and inferring genealogical relationships in large data sets (identity-by-descent, ancestral recombination graph).
- Reconstructing past demographic events using genetic data (migration, expansion/contraction of populations).
- Studying evolutionary parameters in the human genome (natural selection, mutation/recombination rates).
- Studying the heritability and genetic architecture of complex traits (nature vs nurture).
- Detecting disease-causing variation in the human genome (association).
Jan 11, 2021
(Postdoctoral Research Assistant) joins the lab!
Oct 27, 2020
Yiorgos and Pier gave presentations at ASHG 2020 (Session 028
and Session 037
, also see news coverage
of their talks).
Yiorgos also received an Epstein Trainee Semifinalist Award for Excellence in Human Genetics Research.
Jun 1, 2020
Juba will present his work on IBD detection and UKBB analysis at ESHG 2020.
His abstract was one of 5 (out of ~2800 submissions) selected for the “What’s New?” Highlight Session.
He will be one of 5 recipients of the ESHG Fellowships of Excellence for Young Investigators. Congrats Juba!
Apr 21, 2020
New FastSMC preprint by Nait Saada et al. available on bioRxiv
Feb 24, 2020
We are currently recruiting two ERC/NIH-funded postdoctoral research associates! Please get in touch if interested.
Jan 20, 2020
Collaboration with Yuki Okada et al. on applying ASMC to analyze selection and complex traits in 170k Japanese genomes.
Jan 6, 2020
(Research Software Engineer) joins the lab!
See all news…